Saturday 10 February 2007

February 2007

Dear friends

Warm greetings to you from Sudan in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

First, I want to thank you very much for your prayers and support. I want to also to praise God for guiding us safely to the beginning of this New Year.

I am now back on the frontline Christian ministry. It started with Diarrhoea and vomiting but I have recovered now. The work is going well. The Fly Sports Yei football League is starting today. We are excited about what God is doing in Sudan. Some members of the Fly Sports ministry would like to share a few words with you:

“Hi, my name is Dumba Alsion my age is thirty. Since I joined Fly Sports ministry as an assistant Coach my relationship with God as grown deeper. I have also gained more confidence in myself and developed spiritual gifts as well as physical gifts thank God”.

“Hi, my name is Elisa Leame. I praise God for Fly Sports. It as helped me in so many ways. My parents and relatives respect me more. Fly Sports help me to develop skills and spiritually to know God more. Our youth in South Sudan are trying to create a spirit of peace and unity as a result of the work of Fly Sports praise God”.

Currently it is very hot because of the dry season. In addition, it is very dusty. Hundreds of people suffer from lack of clean water But God has not forgotten his people he is faithful in all of his ways. We are looking forward to the effects of the Fly Sports football league amongst the youth that many will come know Christ as personal saviour. We also look to disciple those who are new Christians through small groups so that they grow into mature Christian people.

Christmas and New Year was a blessing, a time of rest with loved ones and remembering the birth of Jesus Christ

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and thank you very much for your support and prayers I could not be doing what I am doing without your help



Yours in Christ

Emmanuel Sharland


You may also like to know that Manny has been featured in the latest issue of 'Interface' magazine published by Action Partners. If you have not already received a paper copy (that is if you ticked the box on the supporters form), then you can view an electronic version on the Action Partners website at www.actionpartners.org.uk This has a download page which holds the latest magazine issues in PDF format. You will need to register on the website to access this page, but registration is free.

No comments: