Saturday 10 February 2007

December 2006

Dear friends

Warm Christmas greetings to you and a Happy New Year. First of all, thank you very much for your prayers and support it’s been truly a blessing to see what God as been doing in my life and ministry.

At the end of November it was a blessing to have Pastor Neville Hollands and his wife Jackie come over for a visit to southern Sudan. This showed me their love and support because they were willing to come all the way to see what God has been doing.

Action Partners’ Director Gerard Potifier also came for a one week visit. His time with me was both nerve racking and good. He was able to give me a lot of encouragement and support and he brought a big shadow over me.

Thousands of young people have come to know Christ in schools and we have launched Fly Sports in Yei in southern Sudan for the first time. We are praying this will make a big impact on the youth in Yei and then throughout southern Sudan. Above all, we are looking to be disciplined in our strategy.

Matthew 28: Make disciples of every man baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I will be spending Christmas with my family in Nairobi and looking to rest, eating lots of food and to catch up with a few things that need to be done. Above all praising God for what He has done. I will be returning to the field in January in the New Year after having plenty of rest.

But above all I want to thank God and to thank you all for your prayers and support; it has meant so much to me to know that you care. I would not be doing what I am doing now without your prayers and support.

May you all have a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year

Yours in Christ

Emmanuel Sharland

No comments: