Saturday 10 February 2007

September 2006

Dear friends,

Warm greetings to you all from Southern Sudan. How are you I hope all is going well for the Name of the Lord is to be praised.

Two months ago I started a sports ministry called Fly Sports, which is a part of Across Programmes. The ministry’s main emphasis is training Coaches so that it enables them to go into communities and schools to coach sport.

Currently we have two coaches working in 12 primary schools and mainly coaching football. We try to provide them with the necessary equipment for sports activities. This is not only a good way of developing sport but also a good way of spreading the Gospel of Christ.

Romans 10:17 Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Unless we preach the gospel, nothing will happen.

However, through sports this is what we have been trying to do.

Last month I was very sick with Malaria and Typhoid. But thanks be to God I have now made a recovery after hospital treatment in Nairobi; I am now at full strength again serving the Lord in the frontline Christian ministry.

In September, I am planning to launch Fly Sports in Yei and continue to conduct seminars to the local youth leaders and pastors.

Above all everything is going well, there has been a tremendous amount of opposition from the enemy but God is faithful and He will not abandon me.

Thank YOU so much for your prayers and support. Here are my prayer requests:

• Please pray for the Fly Sports Ministry
• Pray that He will continue to give me wisdom
• Thank God for what He as done so far
• Pray for continual good health

Yours in Christ

Emmanuel Sharland

No comments: